Laser Hair Removal - Pre and Post Instructions
Precautions to take BEFORE all laser and light-based treatments:
• For 4 weeks prior to treatment, avoid sun exposure and tanning beds. Do not use sunless tanning cream for
48 hours prior to treatment. Remove makeup, creams and lotions on the day of service.
• If you have a history of herpes, be sure to take precautions to avoid outbreak at time of treatment.
• Do not use Retin-A or Hyrdoxy Acids for 72 hours prior to treatment.
• Do not use Accutane for at least 90 days prior to treatment, or provide a Doctor's note in order to proceed
• For laser hair removal; do not wax or use depilatory creams for 2 weeks prior to treatment. Also, you must
shave the area(s) getting treated 24 hours before appointment.
Precautions to take AFTER treatment:
• Avoid sun exposure, and be sure to apply daily sunblock with SPF 30 or greater.
• No swimming or use of hot tub/whirlpool for 24-48 hours, or while redness is present.
• Do not work out or engage in strenuous activity 24 hours following treatment.
• Do not use Retin-A, Hydroxy Acids, or Accutane for 5 days post-treatment.
• Discomfort or swelling may be relieved by ice packs and by taking Tylenol.
• Contact our office immediately, or your primary care physician, if there is any indication of blistering
or infection (redness, tenderness, pus, etc.) Our staff is always available before and after office hours by
calling (310) 943-5555.